Monday, April 13, 2009

Graco Safe Seat Infant Car Seat, Rittenhouse



This is a beautiful carseat. I purchased the Graco Safe Seat in the portica line. I absolutely loved the base, the fabric, the sturdiness of the seat, BUT WHERE IS THE SLACK?????
The only reason that I purchased this seat is my son has almost outgrown his Graco Snugride (the snugride is only rated until 22 lbs and 29 in). I wanted a carseat that would still work with my stroller and that I didn't have to take my sleeping son out of everytime we went somewhere. I had read reviews that this seat was heavier than the snugride, but I really expected that. What I didn't expect is that I can barely fit my 20 pound 27 3/4 inch baby into this safeseat that is supposed to fit a child up to 30 pounds and 32 inches!
We followed the instructions for loosening the belt, the belt was only on the center (not even the top) and it is still TOO TIGHT! I can barely get my son in there (and it is summer so he doesn't even have layers of clothing on!). There is no way that we could use this seat with the belt on the top setting!
We switched back to our snugride (which he can still use because he is only 20 pounds and 27 3/4 inches-plenty of slack). I contacted Graco, they did not have a "fix" for this issue. They are going to send me a shipping label and I will return this seat to them for a refund.
Save your money! It is not worth buying this seat. It is heavier than a snugride, more money, and you won't be able to use it any longer than a snugride because of the seatbelt issue (NO SLACK).

Overall: VERY DISAPPOINTED! Seat is being returned to Graco.Buy Graco Safe Seat Infant Car Seat, Rittenhouse!

0 comments on "Graco Safe Seat Infant Car Seat, Rittenhouse"

Post a Comment

 

Graco Quattro Tour Travel System Reviews Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez